Friday, August 27, 2010

Brainstorming :: Vitamin C

Okay fellow mommies, I need some help. We all got colds in our house last week, and with LJ starting school this week, I boosted us all up with some Vitamin C. LJ & JD both just had 1 250mg chewable of Vit C. JD had diarrhea. LJ used to, too, but I did not see that this week. The lowest dose of intolerance of Vit C is 1-5 grams! Does this mean malabsorption, even though JD tested negative for malabsorption with the G/I doctor this spring? Am I just over-thinking it? But he's always had diarrhea with Vitamin C & Calcium/Magnesium chewables. I assume the Cal/Mags are due to the citrate version (he gets Tums now for the carbonate version). Again, LJ has the same problem. Do I give more Tums (I'd hate to constipate)? I try to keep doses minimal, unless there is reason to give more.

I just cannot figure out why anyone would have diarrhea on such a low dose of Vitamin C! I'm back to changing his diapers 4-5 times per day! :(

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment